Carlisle SynTec Incorporated
Louisville, KY, United States
Logistics, Account Management
Drexel Metals Inc, a division of Carlisle Construction Materials, is seeking 3 additional inside sales/order entry employees to support or growing sales volume. These positions will be based in our Louisville, KY location. For more about Drexel Metals Inc please see our web site at www.drexmet.com.
The Order Management Specialists' of the Drexel Metals customer service team work together to manage over $60 million in customer shipments of construction materials from multiple domestic manufacturing facilities and numerous third party vendor facilities to job-sites and warehouses across the US and Canada.
Each Order Management Specialist collaborates directly with all elements of the supply chain on behalf of an assigned territory or rep of business-to-business customers, and manages all aspects of their territory’s orders and shipments. The OMS serves their customers by managing their orders from entry into Stratix through shipment and invoicing, and works to ensure timely and accurate delivery of material to job-sites and warehouses with proper documentation. Ideal candidates will be team-oriented and will work to actively promote a cooperative, positive atmosphere in which the diverse contributions of colleagues, customers, and partners are leveraged to deliver an outstanding customer experience.
• Serve as an advocate for customers in an assigned territory by understanding their requirements and expectations.
• Manage customer orders and shipments closely to meet and exceed customer expectations for service and delivery. Act as a liaison between customers and business representatives from various internal departments, including credit, production, inventory, shipping/transportation, technical support, product management, and sales.
• Maintain close contact with customers to ensure an exceptional customer experience.
• Receive feedback, resolve problems, and initiate improvements on behalf of the customer.
• Participate in continuous improvement initiatives to drive the customer experience forward.
• There is opportunity to travel to visit customers and Drexel Metals facilities, but required travel is infrequent for those based at the corporate headquarters in Louisville, KY.
Skills & Requirements
• Quickly and accurately receive, coordinate, and process all sales orders based on customers’ requests. Sales orders are received via email, phone, fax, text and other means.
• Interface with entire Drexel Metals network of 6-plus manufacturing facilities as well as various third-party suppliers for processing orders. Collaborate with corporate teams in transportation, inventory management, production scheduling, and other supply chain and support teams.
• Provide order status and resolve order inquiries.
• Manage any logistics, or delivery issues through to resolution.
• Daily management of: Roofing Systems Custom Fabrication
Backorders - Review rescheduling report, coordinate with inventory and production planning, and communicate with customers on back order situations in a timely manner.
Open orders - Review open orders and close out old orders as needed.
• Maintain a network of appropriate contacts within the various manufacturing facilities.
• Get information from supply chain and notify appropriate parties of any issues with shipments (over/short/early/late).
• While the majority of team members handle domestic accounts only, for those with international customers, responsibilities include working with freight forwarders on customs documentation and resolving any related issues.
• Investigate and resolve invoicing issues, to include third party vendor invoicing issues, as assigned by the finance team via Work Cycle.
• Answering all common customer inquiries and resolving all common order management issues independently without assistance from others with a high level of skill and success for a full territory of customers.
• Ensure customer master data, account profile information, and customer product information is up to date.
Must-have skills and qualities:
• Customer service-oriented, and energized by helping others succeed. Possesses outstanding interpersonal skills, energy, and enthusiasm.
• Possesses, or able to develop, superior proficiency in utilizing an ERP system (Stratix) to manage material, orders, and shipments, and a CRM system (Salesforce.com) for Customer Feedback Management and report development.
• Superior communication skills, both verbal and written, including the ability to communicate with confidence.
• Ability to develop, improve, and maintain outstanding relationships with customers, colleagues, and partners.
• Performance-focused, proactive self-starter. Biased to do things before being asked, excellent attention to detail and organizational skills, creative insight into problem solving. Able to multi-task, manage time, and balance multiple priorities.
• Takes initiative to effectively anticipate the needs, handle the issues, and resolve the problems of internal and external customers. Views complaints as opportunities, acts as a customer advocate, and is dedicated to building relationships for long-term mutual benefit.
• Mathematical competency for calculating pricing and converting units of measure.
• Excels at working both independently and collaboratively. Able to work with minimal supervision. Keeps supervisor sufficiently informed.
• Comfortable with appropriate risk-taking; exercises good judgment in making calls when “perfect” information and solutions are not attainable.
A high school diploma is required. A Bachelor’s degree in a logistics, operations, or business related field is preferred. Candidates must have a minimum of two (2) years of experience in customer account management or logistics planning/operations. Candidates must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. In addition, applicants should have basic negotiating, multitasking, math, and computer skills. Experience with an ERP system is highly preferred. Order Management Specialists use the following daily: Stratix, Microsoft Office, Box.com and Salesforce.com (CRM). Previous knowledge of any the following is a plus: building products and manufacturing scheduling, transportation, inventory.
Carlisle Construction Materials offers a competitive benefits package which includes 401k, medical/dental/prescription drug, and life insurance, flex spending, educational assistance, holiday, and vacation pay.
Powered by Hirebridge
Carlisle SynTec Incorporated
Website : http://www.carlisle-syntec.com