Marten Transport, Ltd.
Millsboro, DE, United States
Marketing, Account Management, Manager
Persons in this position would be responsible for ensuring the highest level of customer service. The Account Manager will be responsible for customer inquiries, load solicitations and service reporting. Account Manager will provide leadership and direction to Account Manager Associate to ensure the best service to our customers.
1. Record details and direction on all loads booked for the assigned area.
2. Act as a substitute in the absence of Account Managers in other regions which is seamless and transparent to our customers.
3. Supervise and monitor trailer pools in the respected market.
4. Promptly secure loading and/or unloading appointments that optimize asset utilization and service expectations.
5. Communicate any problems encountered to the Regional Sales Director.
6. Aggressively pursue and expand knowledge of other positions and functions in an effort to broaden your own ability and scope as related to career development.
7. Maintain and monitor the service levels provided to Marten's customers as required and outlined by our Sales and Marketing department
8. Perform routine solicitations and follow up with designated accounts via person to person discussions as well as email and other electronic forms of communication.
9. Delegate duties and develop Account Manger Associates.
10. Other duties as assigned.
Daily interactions with customers, operations personnel, shippers, consignees, and sales.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to handle a fast pace work environment, ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks at the same time, ability to solve problems efficiently, possess the character and communication skills necessary to build a positive relationship with our customers, computer experience necessary, Windows and Excel or similar programs, and a thorough understanding of Marten's overall marketing strategies.
Bachelor's degree in marketing or other related business major, or minimum 2 years in customer service field that included direct person to person relationship.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Marten Transport, Ltd.
Website : http://www.marten.com
Roger Marten founded Marten Transport in 1946 at the age of 17, delivering milk and other dairy products. His routes were primarily in the Modena, Wisconsin area where he was born and raised. Driving for the Modena Co-op Creamery, Roger purchased his first truck route with a $400 loan from his mother. In the 1950's he expanded his milk delivery routes, purchased and drove school buses, and hauled petroleum products with his first tractor-trailer. In 1956 the first tractor-trailer combination was purchased, and Marten began hauling petroleum for Bauer Built of Durand, Wis. Marten's volume doubled after the acquisition of Mondovi Trucking Co. in 1959. The following year Marten added a tandem axle tractor to its fleet.